ACS Village Mobile App Update!
Posted by Rox @Admin Bouey on June 17, 2020 10:25 AM EDT
In case you missed it, iPhone Version 3.35 was released June 4th in the AppStore!
We promise that all of these updates will be coming soon to Android devices! The delay is due to Google imposed changes that required our developers to upgrade their development environments.
Here's some info on what this update includes:
1. On the My Profile area, we've moved the Friends tab to the right of the profile tab to improve the flow of information. You can also Search for Friends you know to follow them from this tab.
- Following people and making friends is required to use the Private Messaging function found on the Messages tab in your profile on the web and at the bottom of screen on the mobile.
2. For new registrations, we've added the Organization and Zip Code fields found on the website registration to the mobile registration form to add consistency in the backend database.
a. The Organization field helps us identify what community members' companies are affiliated with ACS.
* If you are helping to register Society staff members, they would enter ACS.
* If you are helping to register Volunteers, they can add their Company if they want or if they don't have a company they could add the ACS program (RFL, MSABC, #GT, etc) or Team Name they volunteer under.
b. The Zip Code allows the app to deliver and segment Event and Sponsor information based on regional locations.
3. We made a minor change to the wording for the link to Treatment Resources to say Treatment & Support to match the cancer.org website.
As always, if anyone has questions, please visit & join the Villager's User Group. Feel free to start a Discussion topic in one of the forums and my direct email address is also posted on the Overview & Help tabs.